We’ve just released Alpha 16 Experimental B129 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. If you’ve played B105, B112, B113 or B119 from our previous posts see the fixes below for more info.
As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:
- Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
- Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
- Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.
- Additionally, you can post balance and feedback in the current Dev diary.
We don’t want incompatibility bugs with alpha 15.2 so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update. IF YOU HAVE MODDED THE GAME IN ANY WAY PLEASE DON'T SUBMIT A BUG REPORT.
Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.
Open your steam client.
1. Click on Games/View Games Library
2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental
The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 16 Experimental
Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.
Official Alpha 16 Release notes!
- New HD flagstone texture and replaced old one.
- Wedge stairs with recipes and upgrade path.
- Spawn position to player spawn message and mod API event
- Launcher: Also delete UserOptions.ini on "clean settings"
- Passthrough Triggering Journal tip.
- Every Secret Stash perk level will improve the trader inventory.
- Crawler zombies will not appear in scout or feral hordes.
- Claim stones require forged iron, not steel.
- Increased temperature insulation and armor on Animal hide clothing
- Removed calipers from the game.
- Removed spotlights from random construction loot crates.
- Iron tools drain more stamina than stone tools. This can easily be covered with perks.
- Everyone can repair a machete but only expert weaponsmiths can craft new ones.
- A machete is a steel weapon.
- Game Unsticks player to the surface when underground
- Allow for case insensitive item name passed to giveself
- Increased probability for finding silver/gold/diamond.
- Making glue does not require a beaker.
- The bio fuel item has been removed.
- Message given and radial menu disabled when TE is in use by another player
- Dart and blade trap are sturdier since they stand a high chance of being damaged.
- Adjusted requirements for the Concrete perk.
- Flaming arrows are still limited to the compound bow but every bow can now shoot the plain arrows.
- Doubled the effectiveness of combining items.
- Auto turrets are found in the secret stash of traders.
- The ammunition formerly known as steel darts is now known as iron darts.
- Increased experience gained from killing zombies, especially at higher levels.
- Adjusted skill point costs, made less powerful perks considerably cheaper. Buying all perks costs about 100 points less.
- Removed the Run Forest Run perk because it gave an unintentional multiplier to all stamina use.
- Zombies drop more quest notes.
- Better feedback when trying to combine parts out of your skill range.
- Merged burning barrel particle effect into barrel prefab.
- Dropped molotovs explode on pickup when the pickup text isn't showing
- Duplicate items inside dead zombie
- breaking down loot crates in skyscrapers to the green dev block (forum)
- Fixing rendering issue with molotovs appearing to levitate.
- Client now creates a lobby when joining a dedicated server, thus allowing people outside the local LAN to connect to dedicated servers without port forwarding
- New bears spinning in circles
- Molotov's hit invisible NW to NE wall as a Client
- Player can get stuck behind barb wire at trader Jimmy's
- Misleading error message when not knowing a recipe.
- Distant buildings are way too dark on Intel graphics cards
- Error when using giveself with non-existing item name
- Console not behaving properly when an executed command throws an error
- Pressing Tab during Building Environment skips to the game while it is not yet ready
- Vulture ignores Day 1 protection
- in b126 water tower 3 floats in RG
- Bears and wolves won't react to player's attacks, if far away
- RWG Terrain Density Mismatch Issue
- Added vault hatch icons and fixed broken XML name on wood hatch icons.
- Missing BlockLoot file for
- Workbench getting outdoor weather on it
- Bear and Zombie Bear do not attack the player
- Sleepers lose interest in player and return to sleep without fighting back
- Shock particle effect not being removed on death
- Vultures susceptible to bleed buffs.
- Black goth pants are not scrap able (boots are)
- Button info summary for gamepads does not refresh properly when switching between item stacks
- RWG highway connection issues
- RWG highway generation issues
- Boar collision is more accurate
- Yucca seeds are in the Science category
- Localization needs to be fixed for smelly foods.
- Full harvest event amount being paid out on the destroy event
- Texture aliasing / mipping issues - surfaces viewed from an angle should appear more clear and more stable in the distance
- Painted pictures, etc., on arrow slit blocks.
- Reversed stats on healing bandages.
- Reversed temperatures in biome settings.
- Campfire and chemstation go unresponsive after client use
- Recipes are not unlocking properly on P2P
- Shotgun turret does not use ammo in manual mode
- Game Unsticks player to the surface when underground
- Camera preview upside down on Mac
- Compound bow damage is assigned twice.
- Adjusted Flag/Cobblestone harvest events to the new building costs.
- Workstations with remaining fuel (burn time) can't be turned on again.
- Wrong description on crafted spotlights.
- Some sinks drop the wrong loot.
- Block 1964 does not yield broken glass
- Eviscerated Remains is spelled wrong
- Auto Turrets now acknowledge PVP Settings.
- Fixed multiple collision issues with water vs harvesting, attacking, etc..
- Graphics appear on low settings after installing new versions of game
- Work station journal is misleading
- Burning barrel is craftable again. Descriptions and code cleaned up.
- Concrete blocks do not upgrade to reinforced concrete.
- OpaqueBusinessGlass can be picked up directly by destroying it.
- AnimalZombieBear uses the hand for animalBear.
- ZombieSkateboarder uses the wrong loot list.
- Wrong XP values on several zombies.
- Fixed smeared UV's on metal sheets
- Hitboxes on boar, bear and wolves
ALREADY REPORTED ISSUES FOR b129(No more reports needed, thank you)
- Too many fibers being harvested and too many experience points gained from hoeing grass
- Farming of crops other than yucca and hops affects performance
- Camel perk is multiplying hydration loss as well as hydration gain
- Zombies rotate on the ground before standing up
- Zombies and animals clip into blocks
- Vultures sometimes fall through the world when killed high in the air.
- Vultures violate starter safe zone
- Campfires not working in multiplayer games
- Precipitation and cold temp going through windows, glass blocks, doors, and hatches
- Game freezing on creating player
- Missing traders and partial trader outposts
Important Server Config Info
- There are new options in the server cfg that need to be added for Blood Moon Enemy. Compare it to the server cfg file found in your 7 days directory.
- enemysensememory also got completely removed
- enemyspawnmode is now true/false and not a number