Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 Season 17: The Season of Nightmares will officially begin on May 17 at the same time patch 2.6.5 goes into effect. The new season will bring new legendary items, additional Torment levels, and a variety of quality of life changes to the game.
The newest season introduces a buff that gives each Seasonal player a set bonus provided by Legacy of Nightmares. In short, all players will have benefits from the “no Set” set, while Ancient Legendary items will become more valuable. This will allow Legacy of Nightmare characters to experiment with new combinations, especially with ring slots. Meanwhile, classes that are traditionally dependent on ring slots have more flexibility in experimenting with different builds.
Diablo 3 Season 17 Rewards
Diablo 3 will is re-introducing previous seasonal rewards, making them available to players who may have missed out on them the first time around. For example, rewards from Season 5 can be found in Season 17 by completing the Season Journey, and previous Season rewards will be cycled moving forward.
Players who complete the Conqueror tier in each Season Journey will earn additional stash tabs, with a maximum of five. Other Season Journey rewards include:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55
- All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season
- Show Me What You Got: Kill Diablo at level 70 in under 1 minute and 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item
At the same time, the Season Conquest rotation will continue with the following challenges:
- Sprinter and Speed Racer: Complete all five Acts within one hour.
- Avarice and Avaritia: Accumulate 50,000,000 gold outside of The Vault.
- The Thrill and Superhuman: Complete a Greater Rift Level 45 without the assistance of any Set Bonuses.
- Years of War and Dynasty: Complete a Greater Rift Level 55 with the set bonuses of six different Class sets.
- Masters of the Universe and Masters of Sets: Complete eight different Set Dungeons.
Class Sets are rewarded for finishing specific chapters in the Season Journey. For instance, completing Season Journey chapters 2, 3, and 4 earns three of Haedrig’s Gifts, each of which contains pieces from one of your Class Sets. Only one Class Set may be unlocked per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore modes. The Season 17 Class Sets are:
- Barbarian: Might of the Earth
- Crusader: Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter: The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monk: Monkey King’s Garb
- Necromancer: Grace of Inarius
- Witch Doctor: Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard: Firebird’s Finery
Cosmetic rewards include an exclusive Conqueror Set. Players will also be able to earn Greyhollow Island-themed portrait frames while the Wickerman pet will become available. Those who complete all nine chapters of the Season Journey will earn a fancy pair of Galactic Wings.
Greater Tournaments in Season 17
Season 17 and Patch 2.6.5 will introduce a number of changes that will address some longstanding issues the community has requested. The most prominent is the addition of three new Tournaments levels, giving more variety and efficiency for farming in late-game content. These higher Tournament levels also bring more experience, gold, and Blood Shards, alongside improved rewards from activities like Bounties and Nephalem Rifts.
Other changes include a search function for the PC version of Diablo 3 so that players can better find and organize their equipment. There are more changes coming, such as the ability to collapse and expand recipes for Crafters in the PC version, Bounty indicators appearing immediately after entering the Bounty area, and Death’s Breath dropping from Horadric Caches.
Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.5 Notes
- Torment 14, 15, and 16 have been added to the game
- Reward and difficulty levels of all new Torments closely match Greater Rift 65, 70, and 75 respectively
- Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
- Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai’s Cube will produce a new result
- Party portraits now display if a player’s Cheat Death buff has been recently used (PC Only)
- When a boss is killed in a Nephalem Rift, a permanent ping will mark the location of the boss’ death until the Rift is closed
- The Boss Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
- The Greater Rift Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
- The Greater Rift Completion screen has received a rework (PC Only)
- Matchmaking no longer prevents players from joining a game while a Greater Rift is already in progress
- Players who join the game will still be unable to join a Greater Rift in progress
- The progress bar for a Greater Rift is now visible to all players in the game, regardless of whether they are participating in the Rift or not
- Challenge Rifts
- The amount of Death’s Breath rewarded by completing a Challenge Rift has been increased
Quality of Life
- The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 5 (PC Only)
- Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
- All Crafters now have an Expand/Collapse All button for recipes (PC Only)
- Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
- Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
- The Season Journey Journal now displays all chapters, regardless of current progression
- There is a new reward for completing the entirety of the Season Journey (Guardian)
- For Season 17, the Galactic Wings are available
- Added the buff for Season 17
- Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active
- (NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
- Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
- Akkhan’s Leniency
- Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 30-35% for 3 seconds
- Bloodtide Blade
- Death Nova deals 80-100% 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
- The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do
- Chantodo’s Will
- Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 1000% 4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000% 4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
- Wave of Destruction damage now scale with attack speed
- The Dagger of Darts
- Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes’ Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage.
- Grace of Inarius
- 6-Piece Bonus
- Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 3750% 10000%
- Iron Rose
- Attacking with Siphon Blood has a 40-50% 100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
- Blessed Shield ricochets to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by 225-300% 300-400%
- Sage’s Set
- Now doubles the amount of Death’s Breaths that drop
- Previous: Increases Death’s Breath drops by 1
- Sin Seekers
- Now also adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire
- Wojahnni Assaulter
- Rapid Fire deals 60-75% 75-100% increased damage for every half second that you channel. Stacks up to 4 30 times.
- The stacks gained from Wojahnni Assaulter now also stack much more quickly
- Necromancer Simulacrums now benefit from the Trag’Oul’s Avatar 6-Piece Bonus
- Fixed and issue where Xbox One/PS4 Voice Chat within public games was failing to work (Xbox One and PS4 Only)
- Fixed an issue where The Immortal King’s Set Dungeon objective numbers were incorrect
- Fixed an issue where Greater Rift 70 first-time completion Primal drops were occurring for players even if they did not succeed at the 15-minute completion time
- Fixed an issue where Bounties that required interacting with an object would not update the next objective immediately after completing one
- Fixed an issue where a second Puzzle Ring tab would be shown in the Kanai’s Cube UI when a Puzzle Ring was equipped (Console Only)
- Fixed an issue where Keywarden icons would not show up on the map in Torment level games (Switch Only)
- Fixed an issue where some subtitles in the Taiwan localization would exceed the screen limit (Switch only)
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor may be hidden when launching the client (Mac only)